SLIM TWIG MAKES MUSIC IN TORONTO, HE SHOOTS THE SHIT HERE.





Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS


Before the most recent tour I was given a great gift... That gift was '10th of December', the new book by George Saunders. I have been telling my friends to read this book. It is my single favourite piece of consumed culture in recent memory. Brimming with life, humour, insight & sadness... Those dull adjectives hardly give justice to any description of so vibrant a work of art. Truly, read this book if you desire to feel alive and aware.

I followed Saunders newest with his first work 'CivilWarLand in Bad Decline'. I was happy to find that while interesting and funny and clearly born of the same mind as his latest work, no one is exempt from the man hours it surely takes to make something clearly 'great' - whatever that may mean. It was an encouraging feeling.

Also, word of a new Delfonics album was hardly expected... Though here it is. Both this song and this video are amazing. Producer Adrian Younge has my attention and he has captured in this new song all that made the Delfonics among my favourite groups of all time. The new LP being released this month is highly anticipated around these parts. I've ordered 3 copies, 1 for me and a couple for my boys.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

nicely said. New art discoveries are such a thrill, keep the heart rate up and the blood flowing, life affirming, important stuff !

BOOKING

North America: Sam Kogon / sam@panacherock.com
All other inquiries: Dara Kartz / darakartz@gmail.com