SLIM TWIG MAKES MUSIC IN TORONTO, HE SHOOTS THE SHIT HERE.





Friday, October 30, 2009

STAR SPANGLED


Hi friends,

I am travelling to America to do some shows. If you live there you should come out. Here is what my trip looks like.

NOV 12 - Brooklyn // The Market Hotel
NOV 15 - Philadelphia // Danger Danger Gallery w/ The Chickens
NOV 18 - Baltimore // Hexagon Space w/ Rosemary Krust
NOV 21 - Bloomington // The Realm w/ Circuit Des Yeux
NOV 22 - Chicago // Weirder Park w/ Heavy Times
NOV 23 - Chicago // Halfway Lounge w/ Distractions
NOV 25 - Madison // Project Lodge w/ Julian Lynch
NOV 27 - Detroit // Division Street Gallery w/ Telephone Callers

I will also be doing a session for WNYU's great Make The Product show, it should be broadcast sometime in November. I will let you know.

There are some Canadian shows coming up as well, please check my myspace!

Lastly, remember this scene? One of my favourite cinematic moments ever. So true to dream logic, and that 'touch of evil' that I find so attractive to write about. I recently read David Foster Wallace's essay on Lynch, and found it to be among the most eloquent passages written about the necessity to explore evil in artmaking, and that desire's implication on it's conjurer. An inspiring read...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

The Slim T blog is one suave blog!
xx

twiggy said...

one suave FUCKING blog.

Vargas said...

Lynch's nightmares are an actor's dream - just look at Hopper, Stockwell and Dourif (nice hairdo)having a party with those characterizations and that dialogue; and the unforgettable Jack Nance (I'm Paul) Love it.

BOOKING

North America: Sam Kogon / sam@panacherock.com
All other inquiries: Dara Kartz / darakartz@gmail.com